- ½ cup water (warm)
- 1 ½ Tbsp yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 8 cups flour
- Proof Yeast. Place warm water, sugar, and yeast in a tall glass and let rise for 5-10 minutes.
- Add 6 of the 8 cups of flour with the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- Add yeast to dough and mix.
- While mixing, slowly add remaining 2 cups of flour until dough is smooth and the sides of the bowl are clean.
- Continuing mixing for five minutes.
- Place dough in a large bowl. Cover with a lid, towel or plastic wrap so it doesn't dry out. Let rise to twice its size.
- Roll out into buns and place on greased cookie sheet and let rise until buns are just touching each other.
- Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let them cool for a bit.
- Place them onto a cooling rack so the bottoms don't become soggy.
If you enjoyed that article, try out a couple more:
We are Kelli and Nathan, we have been married for over 20 years, and have 8 kids. In our lives we have had a lot of success, and a lot of failures, we are hoping to help others learn how to improve their lives and avoid potential pitfalls. Please follow us on YouTube, or one of our other social media accounts. If you have any questions we would love to try to help.